SOCIAL & ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY POLICY
Mirpurkhas Sugar Mills’ Social and Environmental Responsibility Policy envisages an active commitment and participation on the part of the Company in various social work initiatives as part of its corporate social responsibility. Being a conscientious member of the corporate community, the Company contributes to various social and charitable causes including towards health and education sectors. In this regard, it has worked with many reputable organizations and NGOs in Pakistan.
The Company also participated in flood relief activities and helped IDPs (Internally Displaced Persons). Mirpurkhas Sugar Mills has always stood by the people of Pakistan in their hour of need and shall always continue to do so.
Mirpurkhas Sugar Mills is fully committed to acting in an environmentally responsible manner. To achieve this result, we:
- Ensure our product and operations comply with relevant environmental legislation and regulations.
- Maintain and continually improve our environmental management systems and complies with requirements as outlayed by specific markets or local regulations.
- Operate in a manner that is committed to continuous improvement in environmental sustainability through recycling, conservation of resources, prevention of pollution, product development, and promotion of environmental responsibility amongst our employees.
- There is no emission of hazardous materials from Mirpurkhas Sugar Mills Factory.
- Inform suppliers, including contractors, of our environmental expectations and require them to adopt environmental management practices aligned with these expectations.