HUMAN RESOURCE POLICY
At Mirpurkhas Sugar Mills Limited we attribute our continued success to our people. Our employees are our enduring advantage and it is our ability to create high performance teams in a culture of inclusiveness, professionalism and excellence that drives our growth. To maintain our HR competitiveness, we remain focused on areas of talent management, learning & development; succession planning, and the development of a robust Management Trainee Program.
ATTRACTING THE BEST TALENT
To support the Company’s objective of acquiring the best talent, we have recalibrated our Trainee Engineer Program as “Future Leaders Program” to make it dynamic in its offerings to students allowing them to challenge their potential. By providing graduating students with an exhilarating route to enter our Graduate Trainee Engineering programs, we undertook several campus recruitment drives at leading Engineering educational institutions with an aim to find the best talent that would build the Company-wide pipeline of emerging leaders and also to be part of our enterprising organizational culture.
We maintain excellent relations with our employees and labour. There is a formal labour union in place which represents all classes of workers and independently takes care of all labour related issues. The Company takes every reasonable step for swift and amicable resolution of all their issues.
Our Succession Planning policy is aimed at building a pipeline for future leadership and creating backups for critical roles.
The salient features of this policy are detailed as under:
- Talent Assessment is conducted based on achievements, Competencies and Group Values.
- Gap Analysis is done to determine time period and tools needed to groom / develop them as possible successors.
- Put through an outbound Leadership Course to determine areas of development vis-a-visleadership.
- On-going coaching / rotation / training and developmental plans are in place to bring out best in class talent for succession.
- To deep reach successors at all levels, upward mobility is a pre-requisite in the hiring programme
Values are what support the vision, shape the culture and reflect what an organization values. They are the essence of the organization’s identity the principles, beliefs or philosophy of values.
Our Core Values (Respect, Fairness, Quality, Ownership) are embedded in our recruitment process, performance appraisals and recognition initiatives.