Greaves Pakistan (Pvt) Ltd. was founded in 1964 when Mr. Ghulam Faruque acquired the controlling shares of the company and in 1981 Greaves became a wholly owned subsidiary of the Group.
Greaves predominantly specializes in the sales and servicing of engineering products in the fields of Earthmoving and Material Handling Equipment, Diesel and Dual-Fuel Generating Sets, Air Compressors, CNG station equipment, Industrial Pumps and Machinery for the Sugar Industry
With a national and strategic foothold, the company is headquartered in Karachi with regional offices in Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar, and Sales & Service Centers in Hyderabad, Sukkur, Quetta, Faisalabad, and Multan.
In the early 1970’s, Greaves established a heavy electrical construction division that engaged in the construction of high tension transmission lines. During the next 20 years, Greaves Power Engineering Ltd. (as the subsidiary was named), constructed a number of 132 and 500 KV transmission lines for WAPDA. In 1980, Greaves Power Engineering expanded its operations to Saudi Arabia and worked there for 12 years. During this period, Greaves worked as a sub-contractor for companies such as Balfour Beatty Ltd., U.K. and Fujikura Ltd. of Japan.
Until the 80’s, Greaves achieved a phenomenal success in the sales of heavy Earthmoving equipment and the company established itself as the sole agent for Bucyrus-Erie Co. (U.S.A) and Ruston-Bucyrus Ltd., UK (before the two companies went into liquidation), and were the major suppliers of draglines, power shovels, and mobile cranes to the international contractors engaged in the construction of the vast Indus Basin works under the aegis of the World Bank. Contractors for Mangla and Tarbela Dams, the Balloki-Sulemanki Link Canal, the Siddhnai and Chashma barrages, exclusively used B-E and R-B equipment for their requirements. In the early 90's, Greaves sold nine 61-RB Draglines to the Sind Irrigation Dept. through the Crown Agents.
As of 2018, Greaves represents some of the world's leading brands in the following segments:
- Diesel & Gas Generating Sets (Kohler SDMO, France)
- Residential, Commercial Petrol and Gas Generating Sets (EuroPower)
- Stationary Air Compressor (Worthington, Part of Atlas Copco Group)
- Portable Air Compressor (Atlas Copco)
- Road Construction Equipment (Dynapac, Fayat Group)
- Construction Tools (Atlas Copco)
- Material Handling Equipment (Lonking)
- Concrete Equipment & Truck/Tower Cranes (XCMG)
- Elevator, Escalator & Moving Walks (SODIMAS, France)
- Uninterrupted Power Solutions (EATON, USA)
- Renewable Energy (SOLAR & LED LIGHTS)
- Fuel Dispenser (Gilbarco VeederRoot, USA)
- Industrial Machinery (Peter Brotherhood, Broadbent, Armstrong International)
- Diesel Engines (DEUTZ AG)
- Rental Solutions (Diesel Generating Sets, Lighting Tower & Earthmoving Machinery)
- After Sales Support (Team of 150+ trained and dedicated Service Engineers)